Ed: "Nigel was really good because he said… We had this thing at the beginning of the year, and Jonny apparently didn't enjoy these two weeks… We'd completed some songs, and we hadn't completed others. And we were starting, you know we had a break after Christmas, and he said 'right, let's split up into two groups'. And we had two weeks. And we had two weeks of totally… I mean it was a real workshop experimental stuff. And I think we got a lot of that stuff out of our system. The rules were, nobody was allowed to play drums, nobody was allowed to pick up a guitar, the only thing that could be used were electronic, you know, computers, synths etc. etc. It was really good fun. 20% of it was good, and the other 80% was utter rubbish. You realize that sometimes it can be quite valid of… just this phrase of "throw some shit at it". You know, just be random."
Q: "Was much of it used from that, those experimental stages?"
Ed: "Bits… I mean… There's one track that's possibly going… that will come out next year. No, but not a lot."